The Shiatsu aim is to reactivate and support the innate body healing energy. My aim, as Shiatsu Therapist, is to reactivate this energy and supports the client to keep it alive and nourish it. Especially, I support Women and couple during and after pregnancy. The Shiastu method can also support the couple with the desire for children.
This method is still used to promote the subtle energy to freely circulate in the meridians with precisely applied pressure techniques, manipulation of energetic points (tsubos), joints movements, stretches, breathing, visualization and specific exercises matching the client’s needs. This reactivates and supports the innate body healing energy.
Thanks to this experience the client will be more connected with his body and his emotions.
During the treatment the client will be sensitized to physical sensations, allowing him/ her to recognize certain actions or situations, which are not welcomed by his/ her body and cause an inner imbalance.
The causes of this imbalance could be brought by an “excess” or a “lack” of internal or external pathogens.
The internals could be: repressed anger or eruption of anger, withheld joy or dissipated charisma, overflowing compassion or excessive narcissism, sealed sadness or exemplary perfectionism, everlasting fear or constant strategic attitude.
The externals are: wind, heat, humidity, dryness and cold.
Below is a short list of topics which can be treated with Shiatsu:
– Chronic Pain
– Cervical, Back or Lumbar pain
– During and after Pregnancy
– Preparing for an operation
– Recovering from an operation or a trauma
– Lack of concentration (for example before an exam)
– Sleep or Eat troubles
– Support during the life changes to find a new psycho-physical balance (during or after pregnancy, lifestyle changes, menopause, Professional und social reorientation, etc.)
Shiatsu is not meant to substitute a medical, psychiatric, physiotherapy treatment or other therapies.
Depending on the objective of the client/ the couple, I will work on:
– supporting the connection between the baby and the Mother.
– showing practical exercises to prepare to welcome the new life.
– showing aim-oriented exercises to regain strength in the phase between the contractions.
– supporting the role of the partner helping the pregnant woman during pregnancy, during the birth and also after.
– supporting the recovery after the birth.
Through a conversation on the actual state and clinical history, the client and the therapist determine together the cause of the imbalance and a goal will be defined. During a set of treatment, this goal will be continually checked and adjusted according to the needs client.
Then I ask the client if to lie down in comfortable clothing on a futon. During this central phase of the treatment, the client has the chance to be in contact with her/ his life energy: during a state of a deep relaxation or simply by the experience of feeling the lightness of a stretched joint.
At the end of the session, the client will have some precious moments to incorporate this experience in his/ her body and store it for the everyday life needs.