Cells are constantly looking for a balance, is part of our vitality!
Is there a way to train to “get in balance”? Yes! By stepping out of this balance!
What is the Homeostasis process(1)?
If we chose the calories reduction as “Hormetic action”(2), the body will react to the lower calories intake(3). It will find an efficient Homeostasis with the amount of calories at disposal, meaning that our body creates the situation where everything(4) is going all right. Remember this is a subjective approach, so the intensity of the calories reduction should be tailored to your reactions(5).
How to measure the optimal Hormesis “dose”(6)?
My opinion is that by feeling more your body and by being more conscious on what you do, you can find the best “dose”. Take notes(7) about your achievements and your emotions. Check with your friends how you can improve or just ask them to do it together with you. Book a Shiatsu set of sessions in order to go deep into your reactions.
Which kind of Hormesis will be choosen?
Among others, you can chose:
a. Calories restrictions(8): commit to eat more fruits, vegetables, nuts; program a Fast; commit to eat just 1’000 Calories per day; commit to eat just from 8 till 14;
b. Expose your body to cold or to heat: commit to practice that gives you new sensations;
c. Exercise: commit to a 30 days sport activity like running or swimming or biking or yoga or weight lifting or TRX sport or other… and commit to a serious training like every day 30 minutes;
d. Psychological pressure: check out how the outer world is influencing your daily life and your level of energy. Acknowledge what makes you happy or sad. How do you react to bad behaviors? How do you react to the Christmas atmosphere or to Boredom?
e. Oxygen Deprivation: how does your body react in altitude?
I invite you to book a process with Shiatsu, to strengthen your “Commitment”, and a tailored training, to choose your “Hormesis” practice and find the “Hormetic” dose. I will be happy to follow you through both processes allowing you to find a new balance!
(1) Homeostasis is a term coined by Walter B. Cannon which embrace all the complicated process of the body to maintain a constant internal environment. (https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-is-homeostasis/)
(2) Hormetic action: defines how to trigger the Homeostasis process, by bringing, consciously and unconsciously, your body out of balance, your cells are pushed to find a new balance. Hormesis (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2248601/; http://gettingstronger.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/BeckerAHS16.pdf)
(3) Consciously, and mostly unconsciously, our body is constantly reacting to the outer world: it reacts to virus or bacteria or a wound or a broken bone or a strong emotion and our body’s temperature is a good indicator.
(4) Everything like: blood pressure, acid / basic level, sugar level, oxygen level, temperature (Example: it is well known that when our body temperature rise up the 37.5 we have pathology)…
(5) In general the “Hormesis action” need to be measured accordingly to which cells are involved!! Homeostasis, on a cellular level, needs to be tested individually, because everybody has his own reaction to the Hormesis action. Proteins will be asked to bring to a new balance by “repairing” and “detoxing” the stroked cells. “Hormetic zone” this defines the optimal Hormesis dose.
(6) Other ways to the optimal dose:
– in the laboratory by simulating a drug’s efficacy to the cells;
– by measuring your Heart Pulse while exercising (Conconi Test (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conconi_test) or Cooper test (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooper_test))
– or other bodywork methods.
(7) Where are the happy points in your body? Where are tensions? How do you breathe? What are you thinking?
If there are too many things going on, set up a Shiatsu Session and think about it during the session.
– Interview with Valter Longo, IFOM, UCSC Longevity Institute: https://youtu.be/23tcu7q0DBU;
– A way to find the way back to nature with Hildegard of Bingen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hildegard_of_Bingen;
– What does Harvard says about Healthy Eating: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-eating-plate/.
– Improve Health span and your life expectation by improving your endocrine system
– Increase your Immune System Responses (BBC documentary on reducing calories intake http://lagrandevia.it/eat-fast-live-longer-hd/)
– Improve cells regenerations with the natural process of Autophagy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autophagy; see also Yoshinori Ohsumi, Nobel prize in physiology 2016 for Autophagy studies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshinori_Ohsumi)
– How to live longer! Based on a Nobel Prize winning discovery, the ultimate guide to what to eat to beat heart disease, strokes, cancer and Alzheimer’s: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3466610/How-live-longer-Based-Nobel-Prize-winning-discovery-ultimate-guide-eat-beat-heart-disease-strokes-cancer-Alzheimer-s.html
– What National Geographic says about Diet: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/evolution-of-diet/
– Dr. Denham Harman – legendary scientist in aging:
Dr. portrait (http://www.unmc.edu/news.cfm?match=16113)
Interesting theory (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK3869/)
A One-Day Starvation Secret Got the Nobel Prize
Autophagy: process and function